ITF2020Japan was cancelled due to global expansion of COVID-19. Please find here for the detail.
*All other information not covered in here (Exhibit / Advertising / Presenters, Registration etc.), please visit ITF official website : trombonefestival.net(新しいタブで開く)
We are all looking forward to welcoming Trombonists from all over the world to Osaka, Japan for next year’ International Trombone Festival. Under here, basic information for the ITF 2020 in Japan will be covered – the first ITF in Asia!
For inquiries in English, please ask through ITF official site “Contact”
★Event Dates: July 2nd (Thu) – July 5th (Sun) in 2020
★Event Venue: Toyonaka Performing Arts Center (Toyonaka city, Osaka, Japan)
Toyonaka Performing Arts Center (Japanese website, no English available)
Address: 3-7-2, Sone Higashi, Toyonaka city, Osaka, Japan
<Access to the ITF2020Japan venue>
- Limousine bus from Kansai International Airport (KIX) to Hotarugaike station (Hankyu-Takarazuka line): 80 min. Hotarugaike to Sone station with LOCAL train : 5 min.
- KIX to Umeda station by train (about USD16 in total) Umeda to Sone station with (Hankyu-Takarazuka line) LOCAL train : 13 min.
*Note: Taxi is very expensive in Japan – it may take about USD250 for 1 hour drive of one way trip from KIX to the ITF venue
- From Osaka Airport (ITM: Domestic airlines only): 10 min. by taxi, or 15min. by train
- From Tokyo (via international airport – HND or NRT): 2.5 hrs by bullet train (to Shin-Osaka) + 30 min. by local train or 20 min. by taxi
★How to Participate – Registration
Domestic (submission and payment in Japan) participation pass sales is on-going on ITF2020Japan official shop. Registration of international participation will be open in 2020. Details will be announced after the new year on International Trombone Festival website.
★Artists for ITF2020Japan
Please check here for the performing artists for ITF2020Japan.
Also for more information of each artist in English, please visit ITF official website for more details (to be updated as on-going basis) :trombonefestival.net(新しいタブで開く)
★Official Hotel: Hotel Plaza Osaka
Hotel Plaza Osaka
Address：1-9-15, Shin Kitano, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka city, Osaka (postal code: 532-0025)
<Access from Hotel Plaza Osaka to Toyonaka Performing Arts Center (Event venue)>
Nearby station of Hotel Plaza Osaka: Juso station on Hankyu-Takarazuka Line
Nearby station of Toyonaka Performing Arts Center: Sone station on Hankyu-Takarazuka Line
- 8 min. ride (4 stations) from Juso station to Sone station with LOCAL train.
- Train will be available every 10 min.
- Hankyu-Takarazuka Line train information (Click)
- Hotel – ITF Venue Access (google map)
★Access to Hotel Plaza Osaka
- From Kansai International Airport (KIX): 60 min by Limo. Bus (to Osaka Umeda) + 5 min. by train (Note: Taxi is very expensive in Japan – it may take about USD250 for 1 hour drive of one way trip)
From Osaka Airport (ITM): 20 min. by taxi, or 20 min. by train
From Tokyo (via international airport – HND or NRT): 2.5 hrs by bullet train (to Shin Osaka) + 20 min. by train or 15 min. by taxi
- If you prefer to stay closer to the ITF venue, we recommend booking a hotel around Juso station (Hankyu line)
- Or if you choose to stay closer to downtown Osaka – we recommend booking a hotel around Osaka station (JR line) or Umeda station (Hankyu* line). *Please be careful for the hotel location, as there is another Umeda station on a different line (Hanshin line) or similar named station (Higashi Umeda / Nishi Umeda), which will require 10-15 min. more walking in a complicated city area. Umeda station on the Hankyu line has direct access to the ITF venue’s train station; Sone station.
★What else is available around Osaka and the surrounding areas during those dates?
The ITF venue is in Osaka (Kansai region) – the second biggest city in Japan with a dynamic mixture of modern and traditional culture. It’s known as a gourmand city in Japan. Osaka Castle and Universal Studios Japan (USJ) are also located nearby – so, your families can also fully enjoy their time while you are at ITF!
Kyoto, Nara and Kobe are also in the Kansai region located just a 30-45 min. distance by train from Osaka. Tokyo is 3 hrs away by bullet train.
The venue is extremely convenient for traveling anywhere in Japan – you can go anywhere in the country within 6 hrs literally by train or 2 hrs by airplane.
We hope everyone participating in the ITF enjoy their stay, experience the culture and taste our local food!
For your planning reference: Japan Monthly Web Magazine